Re: Oracle on Sun Solaris??

From: George Dau <gedau_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 01:41:47 GMT

river_at_ipoline.com (River) wrote:

]
]We're planning to acquire a new server running Sun Solaris OS, however,
]would like to obtain some info as to how well does Oracle run on
]Sun/Solaris,
]comparing to other operating systems like NCR.
]

Cant compare Solaris with NCR, never seen NCR, but you can get 645 articles on Solaris and Oracle (the first hit is a white paper, but I haven't checked it's content) by going to http://www.sun.com typing "Oracle" in the search field and clicking Search.

On a personal note, I've worked with Oracle on Solaris for 6 years and found it to be very nice, compared to Oracle on microsoft nt, and microsoft sql server on nt. I also liked DMS1100 on Unisys 2200/400, but that is a heirachical db, not relational.

--

 ,-,_|\   George Dau,                                             __
/    * \  Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet.     (OO)