Re: Oracle too Expensive ??? Help !!

From: raman batra <rrbatra_at_feist.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 22:18:55 -0500

Actually, Oracle8 is sold as two editions, Oracle8(approx $300/con user and Oracle8 Enterprise Edition (approx $1400/con user). If you are going to develop a system for 15 users, maybe they all don't have to concurrent.

Oracle8 vs. Oracle8 Enterprise Edition - Oracle has a listing comparing the two. If you do not need some of the advanced features, Oracle8 is great. And Oracle runs great on Solaris boxes.

And watch out for ORacle reps. They will try to sell you anything and everything, including $300 per seat of SQL Plus.

BTW, Oracle7 Workgroup Edition is called Oracle8 server in version 8.

Finally, to twist the Oracle reps arm, tell him you are looking at SQL Server. They hate each other.
And the rep. will be reasonable with you.

Have fun,