Re: Searching for tables in View definitions

From: Venkat Rao Gummadi <vgummadi_at_gbncmail.ims.att.com>
Date: 1998/08/21

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> Hi Glen,
>
> There are dictionary views containing this info. I don't remember the exact
> name, something like USER_CROSS_REFS. Please issue a 'select * from dict
> where table_name like '%REF%' and you should be able to find something
> useful.
> Glen Upreti wrote:
>
> > I am searching for all views that reference a particular table, the
> > problem is that I can not to a like since oracle stores the view text as
> > a long data type and longs can not be used in where clauses. I tried to
> > create a table with the idea of to_char'ing the long fields, but the
> > text_length is too long for varchar2.
> > I am running oracle version 7.3.3.x

Hi,

The table name is user_dependencies. Issue the following query to see what are all the objects referencing the required table.

select name, type from user_dependencies where referenced_name = 'table_name'
and referenced_type = 'TABLE' ;

HTH
Venakt Gummadi
Certified Oracle DBA
Tel : 316-279-2138
vgummadi_at_gbncmail.ims.att.com Received on Fri Aug 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT