Re: Duplicate Oracle 8.Windows NT Instance

From: <sbenyo_at_ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:22:09 +0200

Hi,

All u have to do is copy all the necessary files: ( datafiles + control files + redo log files, init.ora, etc...)

U should have an excat physical copy of the first database in exactly the same directories and drive letters.

After u copy all the files u should create the instance using oradim80 the same way u created it on the first instance.

change the listener.ora & tnsnames.ora as necessary.

After that the database should start exactly the same as the first one.

I tried it before and it works fine!

                                     Shaul