Duplicate Oracle 8.Windows NT Instance

From: Dick Weisinger <dickw_at_tkb.att.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 09:32:05 +0900

We'd like to be able to move an Oracle 8.x instance running on Windows NT4.0 to another PC with Oracle 8.x and Windows NT4.0. Is there a fast way to do this?
Our plan is to copy the data and admin directories and files for the instance on the source machine to the target machine. Then modify oratab, tnsnames.ora and listener.ora to refer to the new instance. What else do we need to do?
Thanks for your help. Received on Thu Aug 20 1998 - 19:32:05 CDT