Re: Oracle 7 and 8 on a machine

From: jhy <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: 19 Aug 1998 01:53:30 GMT

It worked fine on NT. The only thing I found odd was that when it installed Oracle 8 it created a second listener and left it in manual start up mode. The installation said to manually modify the LISTENER.ORA file to resolve conflicts between the two listeners, e.g. they can't both be listening to the same TCP/IP service port or the same NMP pipe.

I haven't tried it, has anybody been able to get one listener to work for both versions?