Re: HELP!! SQLPLUS Connection...

From: Allan Nelson <nels212_at_austin360.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 02:01:23 +0000

TheKarma_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi,
> Everytime we try to login to Oracle, it takes about 30 seconds to 2 minutes
> before we actually get the SQLPLUS prompt. What could be the problem?? Same
> thing happens when we try to exit. It hangs for a while before we get the OS
> prompt. (ORACLE TRACE is not on.)
> any hint/help will be greatly appreciated.
> thanks.

There are sevral factors that can be involved1. Do you experience the same kinds of delays when you telnet or rlogin to server (I assume you are not on NT)

2. You can turn on trace for SQL Plus inside sqlnet.ora for the client. You can turn on trace for sqlnet connections at the server with lsnrctl.

3. How many connections are being attempted at once?

4. Are you using Multithreaded Servers or Two Task?

Allan Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 21:01:23 CDT