Re: TNS names errors

From: Madhu Cherukuri <Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 19 Aug 1998 01:19:21 GMT

Look at the tnsnames.ora file (in /var/opt/oracle) where all the database connections are defined If you do not have an entry for the remote database you are trying to access, you need to create one Look at the file for example or some configured connections. You can copy and pase from one of them and change the host and databse names appropriately

HTH
Madhu Cherukuri

dwbeauregard_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6rd635$kg3$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to connect to a remote Oracle database (7.3.4.0.1 for Sun
Solaris)