Q: DBlink & packages

From: Ivan Bajon <ib_at_ed.dk>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:41:21 +0200

I'm having a problem connecting to a remote db from a stored procedure. I have the following databases:

PROD (local)
TEST (local)
TEST2 (local)
AWAY (remote)

In other words: PROD/TEST -> TEST2 -> AWAY

Now comes the weird part. The dblinks and the synonyms seem to work fine since I can select from the remote tables from both PROD and TEST (in SQLPLUS). On PROD, I have a stored procedure which selects from tables on AWAY. This works fine. But when I try to compile the same procedure (using the same user) on TEST, I get the following error:

(abreviated) ORA-04054: dblink *SOME_SID.WORLD does not exist.

The user has dba on both TEST and PROD. I know this is a complex problem so I really hope I made myself clear and that one of you gurus out there can help me out. I know that things could have been set up in a better way but for a number of reason, this is the way it has to be.

Any help appreciated.
- Ivan Bajon