How to compare mirrows?

From: David Zlotchenko <zlotchen_at_voyager.rtd.utk.edu>
Date: 13 Aug 1998 16:10:38 GMT

Hi,

I plan to have a mirrow database that should be up and running in case network connection to the front one fails and that actually happens fairly often.

I will be running two servers on different machines, but only one of them will be accessible by default to users. I want to set a cron job that will sync the second database in 15min or 1hour intervals.

What is the a proper solution for this?

Can I connect to both databaces in one session and compare redo log files? Can I do this in an slq script on one of the servers or do I need to run a PL/SQL procedure from an NT station connecting to two UNIX data servers?

Thank you for any advice.
Please copy your responces by e-mail to zlotchen_at_utk.edu.

David.

David Zlotchenko
Sr. Systems Analyst Phone: (01) (423) 974-6601 Academic & Research Services Email: zlotchen_at_utk.edu University of Tennessee WWW: http://www.oars.utk.edu/~zlotchen Received on Thu Aug 13 1998 - 11:10:38 CDT