Copying sequence IDS from one db to another.

From: <seanm_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:12:08 GMT

Help,

We have an application which uses Sequences. Now, is there a way of copying current (or nextvals) into an new oracle database.

Example: We have setup an environment, used the application to create data (using a Sequence), this increments the sequence and writes the row.

Now if we need to copy the environment (using imp/exp), the sequences get created, but are set to there initial value.

So, how (dynamicly) can I extract ALL sequence currval from the old database and place them into the new one.

s e a n