Re: Is Table Driven Logic possible?

From: Marcus Reichardt <mr_at_diamanda.hh.eunet.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:01:44 +0200

David Sisk wrote:

> I believe you can do this without too much difficulty. You have to
> explicitly allocate a cursor, read the contents of the column, parse it,
> then execute it, then repeat. Look in the PL/SQL documentation on dynamic
> SQL.
>
> Good luck,
> Dave

I don't think you need dynamnic SQL - just declare a cursor for SELECT PROCEDURE_NAME FROM <table> WHERE ACTION = 'add' from within yoru PL/SQL-code. Then FETCH the result into a variable and pass that value to a procedure which is able to dynamically invoke the named procedure. There should be a package that does that job - DBMS_PROC or DBMS_PIPE or so.

Marcus Reichardt
Consultant Received on Thu Aug 13 1998 - 06:01:44 CDT