Table Spaces

From: John <brun_at_msx.upmc.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:03:27 GMT

Maybe I should not be here as I am not an Oracle DBA but I do have a general question I would like to ask in regards to Table Spaces.

We have an application that, at installation, runs a script that creates approx 13 different table spaces. The DBA then goes back and removes all but two of them saying that they really have no effect upon performance.

As I said, as I am not an Oracle DBA, I am hesitant to ask him about this but somehow it does not sound right? Received on Thu Aug 13 1998 - 06:03:27 CDT