How to Schedule Query Jobs?

From: James Arvigo <Hooper_X_at_Spam_Rage.com>
Date: 1998/08/12

Hello,

I'm trying to find out how one would setup time-scheduled queries that get run against a database on an interval basis. For example, a query that gets run every hour, on the hour, calculates some statistics against the most recent data, then saves the calculations to a summary table or generates a report.

Can anyone give me input on this?
Our system is Oracle 8.0.4 running on SUN Solaris 2.6.

I have a situation where I need to analyze our data and generate statistical analysis information every minute, every hour, every day, and every month. Am not sure what "chron job" type of methodology is already provided for by Oracle to handle this need.

I suppose I could write a chron job in UNIX that would run an SQL script at timed intervals... but isn't there a more Oracle inherent way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any input or advice,

--
James Arvigo

* Database & Intranet Developer
* Thrifty Call, Inc. via The Maxim Group
* Austin, Texas
* EMAILS:
* Work: JamesA -AT- ThriftyCall.com
* Home: JArvigo -AT- Hotmail.com
*
* ( Sorry I had to obfuscate the emails... *sigh* )