Re: Where to find the login username and password

From: Marcos Andres Vera Yañez <mvera_at_rdc.cl>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:59:46 -0500

Hi
About your question :
Oracle Databases has an standard about features of new databases. When you create one, Oracle'll set up two users, system and sys. The standard configuration is the following :

users     Password
sys         change_on_install

system manager

Those are the main administrator usersto Oracle Enviroment, so you must change their passwords after you get in the first time. You can do this with the following command :
alter user user_name identified by new_password; for example : alter user sys identified by new_star; By

--

Marcos Vera Yanez
Oracle Database Adminstrator

"Smell the Flower While you can"