Re: Copying Datastructure and data

From: Alan Johns <Alan_at_tarragon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 10:33:57 +0100

There is a tool available called 'Move for Servers - Oracle' by Princeton Softech. It allows the extraction of relationally intact sub- sets, or complete sets, of Oracle data from multiple tables. It will also extract the table, index, view etc definitions for those tables. The user can then either insert the extracted data into pre-existing target tables, or use the extracted definitions as templates to create new target tables etc, prior to insertion. The tool also allows modification of the data prior to insertion, including the ability to 'age' date data - useful for Y2K work etc.

If you think this sounds useful, you can e-mail me or giuve me a call on the below number.
In article <35CE6B85.3479C584_at_exesolutions.com>, EXE <exe_at_exesolutions.com> writes
>> How can I copy my database from from oracle instance to another?.
>> For the time beeing I use the storage to create a dump file. But the problem
>> is, that not all objects can be reloaded successfully (problem with
>> contraints etc.). Therefore I have to run several scripts.
>> Does exist an easier way to do that?
>
>Have you tried using the export and import utilities?
>
>Regards,
>
>Daniel A. Morgan

Best regards
--
  Alan Johns
  Tarragon Software Ltd - UK & Ireland Distributor for

        Princeton Softech's -   Upgrade 2000
                                Ager 2000
                                Relational Tools for DB2
                                Move for Servers - Oracle
                                Version Merger

        ELISE - the MatchMaker. Software for recruitment, estate agencies,
                                dating agencies, etc from WCC

Phone: 44(0)1480 414141
  Fax: 44(0)1480 436869 Received on Wed Aug 12 1998 - 04:33:57 CDT