Re: Copying Datastructure and data

From: Jaime Ornelas <jaime_at_cruzio.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:54:56 -0700

If you simply want to make an exact copy of one instance to another you can just copy the datafiles and logs to a new location. Don't copy the control files. You then re-create the controlfile for the new instance using a backup/trace from the source database. Works for me.

If you want more details, let me know.

jaime

--

   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._                 mailto:jaime_at_cruzio.com