Re: sqlloader on NT

From: <brendan_o'brien_at_wrightexpress.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:07:34 GMT

Is your original datafile name 8 bytes or less in length (not including file name extension)? If it is greater than 8 bytes, you may want to try explicitly naming the bad file using 8.3 (16-bit) file naming convention ('BAD=badfile.bad'), or referring to the datafile on the sqlldr command line with it's 'shortened' name (the one with the tilde '~' and the number, e.g. referring to 'mylongfilename.dat' as 'mylong~1.dat'). 'DIR' displays both long and short file names.

I've had the exact problem you're describing on NT 3.51 when my file names exceeded 8.3. Either approach above cleared it up.

Good luck,
-Brendan