SQL$Net hangs on MVS

From: Lloyd Mangnall <lloydmangnall_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:07:21 -0700

A friend called with the following problem:

     Platform: MVS OS390, Oracle v7.2.3, SQL$Net v2.2.3, TCP/IP v3.1

     Problem: The listener hangs whenever there are approximately 300
     users connected and starts dropping connections.  We've tried
     cycling the listener, but after cycling the listener only accepts
     about 30 connectons before it starts dropping them again.  Only
     when we cycle the TCP/IP stack does the listener seem to be fixed,
     but only until it reaches approx 300 connections and the process
     starts all over again.  Are there parameters we are missing
     (SQL$Net, TCP/IP, OS)?  I used to have a similar problem with
     earlier versions of SQL$Net once we reached 255 users, but I
     thought this was fixed.

I have never worked on MVS so was not much help to him. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Please e-mail or repost if yuo have any suggestions...

Thanks,

LWM
lloydmangnall_at_yahoo.com Received on Tue Aug 11 1998 - 14:07:21 CDT