Re: Packages, Scope

From: Njål A. Ekern <n.a.ekern_at_usit.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:03:47 +0200

staylor_at_petrolsoft.com wrote:

> in my Oracle Webserver book. Here's the code (basically):
>
> PROCEDURE myproc
> IS
> BEGIN
> htp.tableOpen;
> htp.RowOpen;
> htp.TableData( OWA_UTIL.CHOOSE_DATE('date'));
> htp.RowClose;
> htp.TableClose;
> END;
>
> I then tried copying the CHOOSE_DATE procedure into my package as a local
> procedure, and call it that way. However, I got the same error.
>
> Any Ideas?

I'm not into OW, but you are saying CHOOSE_DATE is a procedure, and you are getting complaints about CHOOSE_DATE not being a function. So maybe what you want to do is rewrite CHOOSE_DATE to be a function returning a date?

Njål

--
Njål Arild Ekern, ADB-seksjonen USIT
Postboks 1059 Blindern, 0316 OSLO