Packages, Scope

From: <staylor_at_petrolsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:29:15 GMT

I'm having problems with the scope of my procedure. I am creating a package to be used with Oracle Webserver 3.0. In a procedure within my package, I call OWA_UTIL.CHOOSE_DATE within a table. However, I get the error PLS-00222: No function with name 'CHOOSE_DATE' exists within this scope. I don't understand why it's not working, since there's an example just like it in my Oracle Webserver book. Here's the code (basically):

PROCEDURE myproc
IS
BEGIN

   htp.tableOpen;
   htp.RowOpen;
   htp.TableData( OWA_UTIL.CHOOSE_DATE('date'));
   htp.RowClose;
   htp.TableClose;

END;      I then tried copying the CHOOSE_DATE procedure into my package as a local procedure, and call it that way. However, I got the same error.

Any Ideas?

--Scott Taylor

http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum Received on Mon Aug 10 1998 - 17:29:15 CDT