Re: NT: Oracle 7.3.4 vs. Oracle 8.04

From: Robert Hart <rhart_at_gov.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 08:32:30 -0600

HA HA
Oracle's standard reply when you run into a bug is "Upgrade to the latest version please". If the bug is actually fixed THEY WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHICH VERSION (patch release) IT WAS FIXED IN. If he did not tell you it was fixed with release 7.3.4.x then it isn't fixed. They want you to install the latest version, show that the Bug still exists, then they will fix the latest version. In this guys case they had a patch for him meaning they new about the bug and what release it was fixed on.

l8r
Rob