Re: TEMPORARY SEGMENTS

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kazimiej_at_bms.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 08:02:22 -0400

When you do a CREATE INDEX statement, the index begins life as a temporary segment. It remains a temporary segment while the index is being built. When the index is built, it magically becomes and index segment. If you get an error while the index is being built, the error refers to it as a temp segment (as you have seen).
This is also true for tables.