TEMPORARY SEGMENTS

From: D S Tharpe <i5t_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:37:29 -0400

Do all tablespaces create their own temporary segments when needed? Does anyone have any insight on this? I thought temporary segments were only created in the TEMP tablespace. My temporary tablespace is set to the TEMP tablespace, but it was not until today when I was creating indexes in my INDEX tablespace that I encountered the error which caused me to question temp segments. I increased the storage parameters on the INDEX tablespace and the index created fine then, but I am very confused by temp segments in a NON-TEMP tablespace.

max # extents reached in temp segment in tablespace INDEX

Thanks!

D. Tharpe (i5t_at_ornl.gov) Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 13:37:29 CDT