Re: Rollback Seg problem.

From: <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 19:55:15 GMT

Is there only one rollback segment involve with that corrupted datafile? If it is the case, try to bring that rollback segment offline first. Then shutdown the database and remove that particular rollback segment from your init.ora file. I guess is that you havn't change the init.ora file and that rollback segment is still in the parameter "rollback_segments". After you get rid of it in the init.ora file. Open the database. Make sure that the rollback segment is offline, then drop the rollback segment.

If you are still unsucessful in dropping the rollback segment. Try to create another tablespace for rollback segment and add a few rollback segment in that tablespace. Add those rollback segments in your init.ora file (remember to remove the old one!). and bring that rollback segment offline. Close the database and restart it. Then drop the whole tablespace which the corrupted rollback segment resigns in.

Hope it can help!

Winnie Liu