distributed database option

From: <soumitrabose_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 19:46:10 GMT

I need a help/advice.
I am installing two instances of Oracle 8.0.4 on a sequent box. I have triggers in a few tables in both the instances. These triggers insert,update and delete in the two tables of the two instances. That means, when there is an insert in one table of one instance the insert will trigger another instance in a similar table in the other instance. when I try to run the insert,update and delete I get an error message stating that (error code 2088) that distributed option is not available and for v7 one has to buy it as a separate patch. But the versions of my databases are 8.0.4. What should I do to overcome this?
I am in a mission critical application and I have come to a screaching halt. I would appreciate any urgent help and advise. Thanks,