PL/SQL - describe

From: Russell Fray <russ_at_u-net.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 10:42:30 GMT

Hi,

When using oracle web application server and pl/sql, I am able to produce a display by using something along the lines of :

select cust_num || surname || address from ows.table;

However, where I substitute this to :

describe ows.table;

The program refuses to run.

Is there an alternative which will give me a list of the field names and their datatypes other than describe? Ie,

select * from sys.something where tablname = ows.table

Please cc replies to russ_at_u-net.net if possible.

Thanks,
Russell. Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 05:42:30 CDT