database in memory

From: Aaron Bradford <aaronb_at_dtn.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 11:17:28 -0500

Hey all,

I was curious if anyone has run into a product for oracle that is similar to the codebase library. codebase allows you to do things in memory then writes them to a database. I'm looking at a database in memory with a thread that writes back to oracle. The database would have one table of 33 megabytes. could I pin the data in the sga and get the same speed results?. Codebase is very fast because everything is in memory. It has no problem updating 1,000 rows in a second. Any products or ideas would be helpful. We want to try to come as close as possible to realtime processing.

thanks,
aaron aaronb_at_dtn.com Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 11:17:28 CDT