time for parse

From: Giuseppe De Santis <g.desantis_at_sirti.it>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 11:58:04 +0200

Ciao,

I hope that you can understand this e-mail, i write in english not well.

My problem is this:
when i query a view the time for execute and fetch is insignificant. Instead, the delay for parse is too long, about 20 or more seconds. If i query again the view with the same statement the time for parse is 0 seconds cause the rdbms keep im memory the cursor parsed. If i modify the statement obviously the time for parse is too long again. I could use binding for write the same statement, but MDL MDL is (a language like C) don't permit binding. I have noted that the sqlplus istruction: describe <my_view>
for the same view, is too slow. Why? This instruction should not be open a cursor.
Then my idea is: to keep in sga the view by: DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP
But i can pass to this procedure only package, trigger and cursor!

Can someone write me the right way?

Thank you

Giuseppe De Santis Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 04:58:04 CDT