DBMS_SQL Problem

From: Sbaiz <pierluigi.sbaiz_at_elsag.it>
Date: 5 Aug 1998 10:22:43 GMT

Hi all,

I'm using DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE to read value from an open cursor. DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE works well but you need to know your column position into the select list. Ex.

   DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE ( cursor, position, variable );

So I want to read value from an open cursor, without know the column position,
but only know the column-name into the select-list. Ex.

    DBMS_SQL.???_VALUE ( cursor, column-name, variable );

Someone knows if this it's possibile.

Thanks in advance.
Bye
Pierluigi S.

PS. I'm trying DBMS_SQL.VARIABLE_VALUE but, I think, that it works only for the bind variable and not for the columns-name. Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 05:22:43 CDT