Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager not included with UNIX version?

From: Chris Muir <cmuir_at_mitswa.com.au.no.spam>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 01:49:28 GMT

As far as I know there are NT/95 versions of OEM only. I think the idea is you are meant to run OEM on a PC connecting to your remote database through Net8 services and/or Oracle SNMP services running on your server. OEM comes with the Oracle8 Client software pack. I think you should have got this with your server software but I'm not 100% sure.

Good luck on getting the Oracle SNMP services running under DEC UNIX. FYI following is an internal report logged with Oracle support. Maybe it will help you:

<--start-->

Can't start the SNMP services on BobaFett, and therefore can't connect Oracle Enterprise Manager on my client PC to the database.

'lnsrctrl dbsnmp_start' on the server produces the error messages NL-00462, SNL-00821 and DEC OSF/1 AXP Error 2 in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/log/dbsnmpw.log and dbsnmpc.log files.

This is a known error in the Oracle OEM Support Forum at support.oracle.com.

Oracle support sent me patches 646793 and 652891 which fixed the problem allowing OEM to connect to the server SNMP services. The patches can be found under $ORACLE_BASE/admin/patches/646793 and 652891 directories appropriately.

<--end-->

BobaFett is our DEC UNIX server running DEC UNIX 4.0B. $ORACLE_BASE is just a reference to our local administration directory.

Chris.Muir_at_mitswa.com.au.no.spam

If ya wish to contact me remove the .no.spam from the above email address.