Re: Uninstall Oracle8

From: mbob <Martin.Bobrovsky_at_workforce.co.at>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 15:40:21 +0200

Hi!

> I am using a trial versionof oracle8 enterprise.
> I certainly made a bad installation because I cannot configure it for a network
> use.
> I donot maange to create services and to access to any SID I want.

Try "Oracle Net8 Easy Config" which also gets installed with Oracle8

> So, I would like to unisntall it and install it agian in a better way, but
> there is no way to uninstall it properly. If I do it by myself, it will be wery
> messy and I won't configure it like the first time maybe , so I wo'nt take
> advantage of a reinstallation.

Shutdown the database (or alternatively stop all Oracle NT services - provided you are using NT). Use the Oracle installer to deinstall Oracle8. Remove all products. After that remove the ORANT directory. Then you also can delete the Oracle tree in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...\Software\Oracle) if you want. Received on Thu Jul 30 1998 - 08:40:21 CDT