Re: NT Oracle - Raid 5 - Recommendations for 3GB db

From: <chajec_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 16:19:22 GMT

I've read several posts here regarding Raid-5 on Windows NT for ORacle databases. It says pretty much that reads are OK, but writes are slower.

What do you think about if I have a database of 3 GIG and 30 concurrent users on the database? Majority of work is query for report generation and such. What would you suggest or how would my performance be? I'm thinking about Raid-5 for my datafiles spread over 3- 4.5GB disks + 1 hot spare and my redo logs on another disk that is mirrored. My total number of drives is 6 - 4.5GB drives. My database won't be growing much more than it already is.

Let me know what you think.

Chajec_at_my-dejanews.com