Re: Insufficient Privileges (svrmgrl)

From: James Arvigo <Hooper_X_at_Spam_Rage.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:04:37 -0500

Roar,

Hi there.
You need to make sure that you are logged in (to your operating system) AS the DBA user recognized by your Oracle installation. THEN when you run svrmgrl, and do a connect internal, it won't give you that problem.

For example, we are using Oracle 8.0.4 on a SUN Solaris 2.6 machine. The Oracle DBA login to the UNIX system is "oracle". When I need to run svrmgrl or lsnrctl, I login into the SUN as "oracle".

Then the "connect internal" works fine.

However, EVEN IF I were to login to the UNIX system as the "root", or super-user, then even then, I would STILL get denied access to the svrmgrl upon connect internal.

Hope that helps.
You need t find out which user-id on your system is recognized by the Oracle server to be it's DBA user id.

That should take care of your problem.

Good luck...
--
James Arvigo