Insufficient Privileges (svrmgrl)

From: Roar Pettersen <roarp_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 28 Jul 1998 15:59:03 +0200

We've got a couple of instances running Oracle 7.3.4 on an SGI/IRIX workstation. Today one of the databases had stopped (unknown for what reason), and when we tried starting it again using svrmgrl and "connect internal", it asked for a password. It's never done that before!?! After trying two times, it gives the following message:

        ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Well, as the incredibly intelligent creatures we are, we decided to boot the workstation, because we suspected some memory problems after someone had been fiddling with shared memory. This only resulted in the exact same error on the other instance (that was running just fine before the boot)

Now I've got two databases down, and I can't get them up. What do I do? (I've searched DejaNews, and some people have suggested creating a new userid with dba-group, but that doesn't help. Somebody also suggested unsetting TWO_TASK... same result)

Is there some way to disable this "password asking"?

--
Roar Pettersen
roarp_at_bigfoot.com Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 08:59:03 CDT