Re: NT Oracle database with RAID-5 hardware controller - Is it good?

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:46:38 +0100

(Er, thought a 'snip' was in order here! :))

re: What if a drive goes down during rebuild [RAID5].

Everything has a degree. Use smaller, multiple RAID clusters with there own adapters, etc.

And, what if you lose an adapter, power supply, building catches fire, bomb, flood, etc.,...

Like I said, factoring in cost/rebuild time/recoverability, all have to be taken into consideration. I know some people who don't run RAID and are quite happy with the loss of service and the longer recovery. Whatever suits your needs (and what you can afford).

MotoX. Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 13:46:38 CDT