Re: Triggering external applications - Oracle 8 / Solaris 2.6

From: Scott Cote <scottcotexy_at_contractor.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 12:21:41 -0500

Russell,

You need to write an external procedure. Look at the Oracle 8 documentation for the "CREATE PROCEDURE ..." syntax.

external library [user.]library_name

    [name external_proc_name]
    [language language_name]
    [calling standard [c / pascal]

    parameters (external_parameter_list) [with context]

the create library command:

create library THE_LIB as '/oracle/thelib.so';

creates a library pointing to the library file called /oracle/thelib.so .

Don't forget about granting execute privilege to the library.

SCott