Re: Multiple schemas versus multiple databases

From: jhy <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:58:33 -0400

One concern I always have about combining multiple applications in the same database is tuning. You tune the whole database, so you could run into the situation where you enhance the performance of one application at the expense of the other. It's not real likely for similar applications, say two OLTP apps, but if you have an OLTP application sharing a database with an application that crunches out a lot of reports, you can see how that could be an issue.

Also, I'm sure your multitude of vendors would never point a finger at the other apps should a problem arise!

My 2 cents.