About DBMS_ALERT package...

From: Valentina Amadori <amadori_at_sodalia.it>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:22:02 +0200

I am using the DBMS_ALERT package of Oracle 7.3 on HP_UX 10.20.

I have some indesidered behaviours:

  1. The alert signal is always late of one transaction. I am alerted

   on the last but one transaction, not on the last. Why? This is not

   a good behaviour for a useful use!

2. Often the alert (defined in a trigger FOR EACH ROW) loses some modificated records.

   The notifications, or "alerts", of database events are often partial, specially

   if there are transactions too frequently. Do you confirm?

My process have to be alerted when any database events occurs. But I wont lose any modificated record!

Do you know any mechanism. I am falling back to the triggers with a polling combination...

Thanks,

        Vale