Re: Unable to extend table

From: Daniel White <dwhite_at_radix1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:26:45 GMT

Expand the SYSTEM tablespace. As the CREATE ROLE command is executing it is trying to add a row to the SYS.OBJAUTH$ table.

To increase the size of the SYSTEM tablespace either add and extra datafile or resize it ;

alter database
datafile '<filename>' resize <size> (add extra 50m) /

or

alter tablespace system
add datafile '<filename>' size 50m
/

Good luck

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:47:42 GMT, bmolish_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>I am a newbie at Oracle and our main sys admin has left the company.
>
>I just created a brand new oracle database using the NT instance manager, and
>proceeding with running the catalog, catproc, pupbld sql scripts. My
>enviroment is WinNT 4.0 using Oracle Workgroup server 7.34.
>
>The database started sucessfully, and then I proceeded to run an internal
>script that creates tables and then creates rolls and grants rolls. This
>script has worked fine in 7.32 versions of Unix
>

>I keep getting an error which I didn't understand nor can figure out what to
>do.
>
>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursize SQL level 1
>ORA-01653: unable to extend table SYS.OBJAUTH$ by 5 in tablespace SYSTEM.
>
>the line in the script that casues this error is:
>CREATE ROLE SYNCHROROLE;
>grant all on SYNCHRO.synchropublication to synchroRole;
>
>*Note the only tablespace that I currently have setup at this point is SYSTEM.
>

>any help would be greatfull.

Daniel White

Dan's Hong Kong Movies Page
www.radix1.demon.co.uk Received on Wed Jul 22 1998 - 16:26:45 CDT