Parallel Query and Sort Size

From: <dejaross_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 18:22:42 GMT

Hello; I am sorting a 40MB table by two fields. Have sort_area_size set to 0.5 MB ( for other reasons ) and PQO active, degree 2.

The SELECT fails after creating 122MB of temporary storage. Is this reasonable in your experience? I have never had bad sort behavior with PQO before this. The explain plan shows a regular, parallelized, full table scan with sort operation.

Any ideas welcome.

( Private replies fine; I will repost goodies to newsgroup through dejanews )

Thanks