raid level

From: Gijs Wuyts <gijs.wuyts.NOSPAM_at_belsign.be>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:28:56 GMT

        I'm about to decide on a Oracle DB server, with 5-10 webclient connections.

What would be the best solution, RAID 5 is too slow, Raid 1 is fast enough, but I would need to spread the different DB-parts ( logfiles, rollback-segments, data files,... ) on different disks/controllers. Anybody with experience on this ?

Probably we'll go for brand names DELL or COMPAQ. Any drawbacks from those ?

Gijs Received on Tue Jul 21 1998 - 08:28:56 CDT