datafile error--database won't open

From: <andrea_johnson_at_wolfe.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 19:46:31 GMT

Running Oracle Server 7.3.2.2 --

We've got a corrupted datafile -- no backup (oops)

At this point the IO error reading the block in the specific datafile is keeping the database from opening--we shut it down to try to fix the file.

The problem began with a bad transaction using SQLloader to load data from a flat file.

What can we do to clear/re-create/or delete this datafile?