Re: datafile error--database won't open

From: <larionov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:23:54 GMT

Too bad!

The best thing would be to call to oracle support. If you want to do it on your own, I would suggest to do the following:

1) In the server manager connect internal
2) startup mount
3) alter database datafile 'corrupted file' drop offline;
	( I mean put the full path name in the single quotes)
4) alter database open;
5) If it is not the only datafile in the tablespace, go to export utility and export the tablespace
6) In any case: drop the tablespace
7) Create the tablespace and import the data

In my experience it happened only once and, fortunatelly, with the TEMP tablespace and, of course, I did not do any exports. So, I give no guarantee!

Good luck!

Michael.