Re: Rollback sizes for BIG transactions...

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:50:48 -0500

I don't know the total answer to this, but I have some thoughts:

The rollback segment probably must record the before image of index entries as well as data rows.

The rollback segment entry probably has overhead in the form of transaction, row and column identifiers. Null collumns must be indicated. Column length must also be indicated. Probably more overheads than I can think of.

We need some input from Oracle here.