Rollback sizes for BIG transactions...

From: Gene <gbc_at_slip.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 19:54:58 -0700

  I've read all the info I can find regarding sizing rollback segments. The one item I can't find is this....

  How big (total size) should a rollback segment (or rather the TS holding the segment) be to accomodate an update of every column on every row of a particular table. Yeah, a bit vague. Assume the data (using VSIZE) is sized to be 100MB, and is all contained in the first extents sized at 150MB. What size rollback segment/tablespace is necessary?

  Intuitively, I would say 100MB, or maybe 150MB. But I tried that and ended up needing much much more, in fact over 400% more.

thanks - gene
gbc_at_slip.net Received on Fri Jul 17 1998 - 21:54:58 CDT