Re: E-Mailing from Oracle / Solaris?

From: Venkat <vreddy_at_no_spamix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 13:28:19 -0400

If you have access to Oracle Enterprise Manager (windows NT/95) it is very easy to send a mail/page on certain database events. We are running Oracle 8.0.4 on Solaris 2.6 and I have OEM setup to send a page. In fact OEM has a few built in events like database up/down, listener up/down etc. The optional performance pack has a lot more events though. If you know how to write the rather arcane TCL you can write your own events.

Good luck

Venkat