Re: tnsListener does not start? (WinNT) HELP!!!

From: Meinolf Klement <Meinolf.Klement_at_t-online.de>
Date: 15 Jul 1998 08:23:20 GMT

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 07:48:32 +0800, "Martin Leo" <s6606689_at_mercury.np.ac.sg> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>the tnsListener service does not start on my WinNT machine.
>Whenever I try to connect to any services, oracle says that they
>can't connect because they cannot find any listener services.
>When I try to start up the listener service manually in the services
>applet, it gives me an error saying process terminated unexpectedly.
>Why? HELP!!!
>
>Martin

Martin,

if you try starting the listener via command line "net start ..." more error messages might appear.
In the event log an appropriate entry regarding the error should appear.
In the listener.ora file there are pathnames to log and trace files. If they don't help you any further e-mail those messages/files including the listener.ora, tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora to me and I'll have a look at them.

Regards
Meinolf Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 03:23:20 CDT