Re: Oracle's Web Application Server

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 19 Jul 1998 14:40:46 GMT

Hi:

No, I'm using OWS 3.0.1. I have same experience. When I checked how the process was running. I found that the www listener took up 99% CPU time. So, I have to bounce the OWS process. I believe the problem is the error handling in the application. The exception error just went back to the server and it didn't know how to handle it.

Best regards,

Bits 'n' Bytes (leaman_at_shell.clark.net) wrote:
: Hi Gilbert,

: I've been administering an Oracle Web Serv 2.1.1 installation for a fe
: years against a 7.3.3 database, and I've had similar experiences. The
: software is not very good about dealing with a situation where a
: particular database is down when OWS is started. When you start OWS a
: it sees that a particular database is unavailable, it NEVER checks aga
: Until you reload the web listeners, all requests to that DCD will fail
: And the software is just flakey overall. And I don't beleive some of
: these issues were addressed in 3.x.

: Bryan S. Leaman

: gilb_at_xxx.senate.gov wrote:
: : I'm running Version 3.0 of oracle's Web Application Server and we ha
: : a small web application (using PL/SQL) that gets to a 8.0.4 database
: : Occasionally, we cannot access the application via our browser and
: : have to bounce our Web listeners and Web Request Broker before we ca
: : gain access to the application. Most of the time, when we shut down
: : the Web components and before we can restart them successfully, we
: : have to go to a Unix system prompt and kill several web server
: : processes that are still active. Our operating system is Sun Solari
: : 2.6. We are new to the Oracle Web Server product and haven't really
: : done any customization or tuning. Has anyone experienced similar
: : happenings or possibly has some insight they'd like to offer

: : Gilbert

--
Best regards, Received on Sun Jul 19 1998 - 09:40:46 CDT