Oracle's Web Application Server

From: <gilb_at_xxx.senate.gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:07:48 GMT

I'm running Version 3.0 of oracle's Web Application Server and we have a small web application (using PL/SQL) that gets to a 8.0.4 database. Occasionally, we cannot access the application via our browser and have to bounce our Web listeners and Web Request Broker before we can gain access to the application. Most of the time, when we shut down the Web components and before we can restart them successfully, we have to go to a Unix system prompt and kill several web server processes that are still active. Our operating system is Sun Solaris 2.6. We are new to the Oracle Web Server product and haven't really done any customization or tuning. Has anyone experienced similar happenings or possibly has some insight they'd like to offer

Gilbert Received on Thu Jul 16 1998 - 10:07:48 CDT